Slewing Rings Slewing rings are large-sized bearings which are able to accommodate a combined load, i. E. Axial and radial loads and tilting moment. They usually have fixing holes, internal or external gear, lubrication holes and seals, which allow a compact and economical arrangement. They often enable elimination of many components necessary in the classical bearing arrangement.
Compactness, accuracy and smooth operation with relatively high rigidity, simple assembly, easy maintenance and reliable operation are qualities that allow continuous widening of the use of these bearings in all areas of industry.
At present, SOCARE® Mainly produces Four-point /Eight-point contact ball slewing rings and slewing rings with crossed cylindrical rollers.
1. Single-row ball slewing ring *Four point contact bearing, balls arranged 1: 1 *Two seat rings (one on inner- and one on outer ring) *Compact structure *Light in weight *Axial load, radial load and tilting moment simultaneously
2. Single-row roller slewing ring *Rollers are arranged crossways 1: 1 *Two seat rings (one on inner- and one on outer ring) *Compact in design *Light in weight *Small clearance *Axial load, resultant moment and considerable radial force
3. Double-row ball slewing ring *Eight point contact bearing, with same or different ball diameters *Three seat rings *Open fitting, convenient for installation purposes *Suitable for large connecting structures *Large axial load and tilting moment
4. Three-row roller slewing ring *Three seat rings *Suitable for highest axial loads and tilting moments *Suitable for large connecting structures
5. Ball and Roller combined slewing ring *Two seat rings *Raceways diameter from 1270mm to 5016mm *Suitable for relatively high axial loads
Special attention must be given to bearing selection whenever application conditions are different from those considered normal. For a "normal application" of slewing ring bearings, the following conditions should apply:
¤ High axial load capacity ¤ Long service life if mainly axial loads ¤ High rigidity ¤ Good running precision ¤ Radar ¤ Cranes ¤ Mining shovels ¤ Stackers and reclaimers ¤ Heavy mill equipment ¤ Tunnel boring machines ¤ Military turrets ¤ Machine tools ¤ Large excavators ¤ Large cranes ¤ Mining equipment ¤ Wind turbines ¤ Telescopes